We are pleased to offer this exciting opportunity to work with Discover Bushcraft
In the first instance, this role will be to join our team at a residential education centre (at Stansted Mountfitchet) that provides residential and day visit experiences for primary school aged children from Tower Hamlets. We provide a range of activities including:
• Campfire experience
• Nature walks
• Nature art
• Bug hunts
• Team games
• Shelter building
• Wide games
• Other bushcraft and nature based activities
Hours are: Mon to Thurs 9am – 4pm Fri 8.30am – 3.30pm during term time.
Occasional evening campfire / night walk.
Pay is £125 per day. (£17.86 per hr) You will invoice Discover Bushcraft monthly.
The amount of days each month will vary and average between 5 to 12 days a month depending on your availability and the bookings/school holidays in any given month.
This role would suit someone who is looking to gain more experience in outdoor education.
You will be:
• Self employed (so responsible for your own tax)
• Aged 21yrs+
• Experienced at working with primary school aged children (could include Brownies or Cubs etc for example)
• Confident in working alongside school teachers
• Happy to be working outdoors in all weather
• Happy to join in the games and be fit and able to lead walks in the surrounding countryide
• Happy to address large groups of children and adults
• Confident in being able to deliver the above activities (training will be provided)
• Approachable, patient, reliable, able to risk assess, be part of a team, a good communicator, a can do attitude, buckets of initiative and fun to be with.
• Enhanced DBS checked
• First Aid trained
• Have a good understanding of Safeguarding and good practice of working with young people.
To deliver archery you will be GB Archery Instructor Award qualified (this is not essential as we have qualified instructors within the team, however it will be helpful if you are).
Ideally you will:
• Have some basic bushcraft knowledge, particularly around fire lighting and nature identification although training can be provided.
• Be able to respond to changing schedules during the day
• Respond in a timely way to work requests and invoicing
• Be happy to be on a whatsapp group and have access to email
• Have a passion for nature and wildlife
You will need to be able to provide:
• Current enhanced DBS
• A full C.V that includes information on any employment gaps
• 2 referees, one of which includes previous experience of working with young people
• First Aid certificate
In return we offer:
• A wonderful work environment on a beautiful site with a great team
• Support and supervision as required
• The potential of developing skills and knowledge that can lead to other work with Discover Bushcraft
• All equipment and insurance cover
If you would like to apply for this position please email email@example.com with a covering letter and your C.V. If we would like to pursue your application you will be invited along for a chat and a chance to shadow the team for a couple of sessions. This will be part of the recruitment process and feedback from the children / teachers / staff at the centre / Discover Bushcraft team will be considered.
We are hopeful for a September start.