An Introduction to Bushcraft
This course will provide you with a comprehensive introduction to key bushcraft skills. Set in a small beautiful woodland in North Essex we will wild camp, cook our meals on a wood fire and cover the following topics:
- Fire – various heat sources, tinder materials, and fire lay. Includes using a bow drill to create fire by friction.
- Knife work – includes knife safety and different techniques, you will have a chance to complete a simple project.
- Cordage making using brambles
- Shelters – debris versus tarp – pros and cons.
- Nature walk to identify flora and fauna and introduce tracking.
Cost £175 per person, includes all tools and equipment, we can provide a hammock and tarp if you wish, hot/cold drinks, and snacks. We will provide a vegan lunch and supper base, you are welcome to bring along additional ingredients to add to your pot.
You will bring your tent (if not using a hammock) and breakfasts. You will be welcome to use the camp’s fire and equipment to cook breakfast or bring along your own small stove.
Dates of courses:
31st July – 2nd August (Saturday 9.30 am – Monday 3.30 pm)